Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Ready or not, here I go!

     So, here I go, FINALLY jumping in to the deep end of blogging and I don't even have my floaties on! I decided to start this blog as a way to chronicle the days and experiences of my little family since I have had many a failed attempt at "old-school" journal-ing with paper and pen. Maybe by doing something more "modern", I will actually follow through. Here's hoping!!! So ready or not here.... I .....go.......!!!!
    I guess the best way to start is by introducing "us" aka: The Rodriguez Family. I am Jodi, wife and mother. I am thirty....something....years old, from Ohio. Alex, husband and Dad, is 40 (shhh don't tell him that I shared his age) is originally from California but is now an "Ohioan" too.  Isabella is our beautiful daughter. She just turned five (going on 15) and is just gearing up to start kindergarten this coming fall. We have a special angel baby boy, Logan, who we sadly lost at almost 15 weeks into the pregnancy. He watches over us from "the rainbows" - as Isabella describes it. We have two cats - Thelma and Louise - that I somehow conned Alex into letting us adopt almost 7 years ago. Isabella has two goldfish - Nemo and Marlin - that she has had for almost 3 years (an amazing feat for both the fish as well as a small child). We live outside of Cleveland, Ohio in a typical suburban setting - where neighbors sit on their front porches and say hello to anyone who passes by.
      Our life isn't crazy or exciting. But it is our life. We have good days, bad days and some days that fall somewhere in between. We have been blessed,  beyond measure, with amazing friends and family and most importantly with a most wonderfully smart, sweet and caring little girl that always makes us laugh with her quick wit and humor. She has us TOTALLY wrapped around her little finger. Our days are full of love and laughter through good times and bad. I hope that I can share, at least a glimpse, of that life. The good, the bad and the ugly!! Get your floaties on, time to jump in to the deep end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment